Photo
- - - - -

WP4: How to suppress child pages from footer links and 2ndary nav

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 thirdzboxmailcom

thirdzboxmailcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

I would like to create a site with "child" Pages that relate to a "parent" Page. For example, parent page might be "Continents" and child pages might be "Europe", "Asia", etc. The default behavior shows the child pages in the "Pages" and the "Stay in Touch" sections of the footer. It also shows the child pages below the upper nav. Question ONE: What can I do to suppress these child pages from showing up in the footer? I still want the parent page to show up. Question TWO: Is there a way to prevent these child pages from showing up below the upper nav as well? Thanks in advance!

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:07 AM

Yes, in Appearance > Menus

There is a secondary and third menu you can control which is what you want.

Thanks, Bryan

#3 thirdzboxmailcom

thirdzboxmailcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:04 PM

Thanks a lot! For some reason never realized there was that functionality. That solves most everything, but there is still a residual trace of the "child" page below the upper nav. What's the best way to also remove the "child" title below the upper nav? Example: Reference page:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This is a "child" page to the upper nav item "the Pages". There is the text "Sub-page 2" below the upper nav. How do I remove that text and the title of all "child" pages to that upper nav item? Thanks again!

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

In the theme options there is a an option "hide sub-header" in the header and nav area. Just check this option and you should be good to go.

#5 thirdzboxmailcom

thirdzboxmailcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:25 PM

Thanks so much! Again, should have been able to figure it out myself, but not sure why I didn't notice that option item before. Appreciate the help.