Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Use my own slider?

Question

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry, but I can't find anywhere how I can replace the main slider at the top of our home page at d211post.org with on of my own choosing (in this case, slider pro.net). I need to make the slides vary in length of display time. I.e., one slide 2 seconds, another 3.5, etcetera.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I am using Pagelines 2.0.

Craig Hippensteel

Chippensteel@d211.org

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thank you!!! Also - I did figure out a way to do it with BOXES. THANKS for all your help!

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, Thanks for the response - the support here is encouraging!! I appreciate the feedback and related info, and am not looking for support on how to 'use' the slider. I would just like to know how I can "Replace" the Pagelines Features (which is a good slider) with my slider.pro slider. The only reason I want to do this is because I need my slides to vary in length of time displayed per slide, i,e., slide one 2 seconds, slide two 4 seconds. I know how to turn off Features, and I have tried CALLOUT, HIGHLIGHT, CAROUSEL, BANNERS, AND BOXES, and I can find no way or nowhere to add the shortcode for my slider (my shortcode is [slider_pro id="2"] so the the slider shows up at the same place as the Features slider does now on my homepage at www.d211post.org. Thanks for the help!! Craig

Posted · Report post

Hi,

The Slider you have linked, apparently uses shortcodes. Therefore, you can add a the slider to your posts/pages via the shortcode. You can even add a content box on your template and then add the shortcode there too. The choice is up to you.

However, the Slide Pro is a third party plugin, if you require support in how to use this slider, you will need to contact Slider Pro support.

Posted · Report post

You can leave the Features section deactivated and add the slider.pro slider shortcode using ContentBox (this section can be activated where the Features section once was).

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the FAST reply Catrina. I feel like I am finally getting close! But I am feeling a little dumb.... I am familiar (I think!) with Site Options and Page Options, and MASTHEAD, QUICKSLIDER, BOXES, etc., but cannot find the CONTENTBOX you mentioned. As mentioned, I do not want to put it into a post or page, but near the top of the home page, just under the nav, where the Features slider is now. I must be missing something...? I can set you up with a temp account on out testing site if you want...

Posted · Report post

ContentBox actually needs to be installed from PageLines > Store > Sections > Top Free tab. Once it's installed and activated, you can activate it in Drag & Drop.