You Tube Feature Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jonthompson

jonthompson

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

The shortcode for youtube embed does not work.  It doesnt show up on the feature slider. 

See attached screenshot of settings and shortcode.

Attached Files

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Hi,

The Shortcode wasn't designed to work in the Feature HTML area, as shortcodes are not HTML. The responsive video shortcode will work in posts/pages/contentboxes and most of the sections on PageLines. But that Feature options requires HTML and shortcodes are not HTML code.

Therefore, if you require a YouTube video in your Feature slider, you will need to use the embed code that YouTube provides.

#3 ppshotroxy2

ppshotroxy2

• Members

• 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Hi there, I thought I'd join this thread rather than start a new one - is that OK? I don't have exactly the same issue, so if it's not relevant then let me know and I'll shift it to a new thread. 

For about a month I haven't been able to embed any Youtube videos at all - the embed codes just seem to "disappear" from the post once it publishes. I've tried Youtube plugins, using the shortcode, everything. Yesterday I purchased the Pagelines Youtube plugin but that doesn't seem to let me drop a video within a post - it works as a drag and drop section. I'm at the end of my tether as Youtube vids are a huge part of what I do - if I can't solve it I'm going to have to move to a different theme that's non pagelines but don't really want to as I've paid up quite a bit for this one! Any ideas? Website is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks in advance for ANY help anyone can give! 

#4 jonthompson

jonthompson

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

It doesnt work with either shortcodes or embeds.   I did it both ways.   Here is the code I placed in the HTML section:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Still does not work.

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

@ppshotroxy2 & @jonthompson

These are not related to the original issue posted by the topic creator. Therefore, please create a new topic regarding your issue.

FYI, the embed code for Features does indeed work.