Photo

Narrowing of call-out

Best Answer iems , 22 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

Found it. Actually it was .pl-hero-wrap {padding-bottom:0;} that I was looking for. Thank you for putting up with my questions.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 iems

iems

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

On this site www.CCBSI.com, how can I narrow the white boxes (call-out) on each page (except for home)? Please advise. Thank you.

#2 iems

iems

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

and then is there a way to make a link I've added in the footer to be underlined before hover, and change color upon hover?

#3 iems

iems

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

1 more favor - I can't seem to find the code to make columns in WP.org using this pagelines lite theme. a little help? I need to place 4 clumns in the body of the page (or find a way to add the boxes provided to the body of the page.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Hi,

On this site www.CCBSI.com, how can I narrow the white boxes (call-out) on each page (except for home)? Please advise. Thank you.

I don't believe the Callout can be easily narrowed.  I think it's a full-width element.

and then is there a way to make a link I've added in the footer to be underlined before hover, and change color upon hover?

You can do this with CSS. See : http://www.w3schools...css/default.asp

1 more favor - I can't seem to find the code to make columns in WP.org using this pagelines lite theme. a little help? I need to place 4 clumns in the body of the page (or find a way to add the boxes provided to the body of the page.

Wordpress doesn't do four columns in the content area.  That might be rather tight looking if you mean in addition to sidebars.

There are some column plugins at www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins. I'd recommend using one that's compatible with WP 3.5.

#5 iems

iems

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

For the callout - narrowing of it - I meant vertically not horizontally. How do I take out the extra space at the bottom?

Links - I'll try and find it.

Columns - I actually found a plugin - WP Easy Columns. It adds the code to make multiple columns. Kinda cool.

Please advise on the call-outs. Thanks.

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Hi iems

In order to remove the padding in the callout section you'll also need to use a bit of custom css. You'll be able to reduce this by adjusting the padding/margins for the callout section.

You can find an overview and guide to using css inside the framework here - http://support.pagel...ion/custom-css/

#7 iems

iems

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Last time I guessed at the custom css to add, I nearly broke the site. A bit of help would be greatful. If the specific code cannot be given, I understand. I'll have to try.

Please advise if you can give specifics on the code needed to reduce the padding / margins for the bottom of the callout. Thanks.

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

Hi iems,

We're not supposed to provide exact css code for customisations, more to encourage you to learn and provide you with the resources to help improve your experience designing site etc.

However if you're stuck we're always here to try and provide assistance.

An example of editing the padding for the callout area is pasted below for you :-)

.section-callout {padding:0;}

#9 iems

iems

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:56 AM   Best Answer

Found it. Actually it was .pl-hero-wrap {padding-bottom:0;} that I was looking for. Thank you for putting up with my questions.

#10 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

ah it was a hero section. Excellent, glad you got it :-)

No worries, please feel free to post whenever you need help and we'll always try and point you in the right direction and assist.