• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 morrowa

morrowa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Hello.  First time poster, longtime pagelines fan.  I'm trying to configure the carousel metadata to use the NextGEN Gallery Carousel Template instead of the default template.  

After a bit of tinkering, I've been able to get pagelines to display the carousel in the expected nextgengallery template format by specifying in the NextGen Gallery ID For Carousel (Carousel Page Template / NextGen Mode) box a shortcode:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

which is super but it also displays on the rendered page some unwanted text, specifically "template=plcarousel".

I did a Web search and can see a couple of people asked about this in the past but the threads are old and closed and don't have a resolution.  And I've found a few sites which look like they use pagelines and have the same problem.

When searching I also found a(n) (old) listing of the code for /sections/carousel/sections.php and can see the following line:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

which I presume is responsible for generating the "template=plcarousel" text I can see on my page.

Oh, I think I see what's happening...because I'm specifying a template attribute in the shortcode in the carousel_ngen_gallery input text box it doesn't expect the second template attribute value in the carousel/sections.php.

If my understanding is correct, is there any way you could extend the carousel metadata to allow users to specify which nextgengallery template type they want to use in the carousel nextgengallery metadata?

And is there anything I can do in the meantime to work around it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15153 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

Hi,

The "NextGen Gallery ID For Carousel (Carousel Page Template / NextGen Mode)" only supports the Gallery ID, so you simply enter the ID for example, 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 etc...

You simply enter the value of the ID and nothing more. The "NextGen Gallery ID For Carousel (Carousel Page Template / NextGen Mode)" doesn't support any other option.

If you would like to use Nextgen Gallery with a nextgen template, then you will need to use the Shortcode and add it to your page/post.