Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 petere21

petere21

• Members

• 105 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

"Portfolio Section Options:  By default, 4 portfolio items are shown. You can show up to 20 usign the dropdown. Once you select your number, refresh the page and the available options will be shown."

I am able to set up to max 10 portoflios how could I increase it to 20?

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

That's actually a pretty good question. The code is built for a max of 20, but I do see the dropdown only capping at 10. Let me look into this and will get back to you. It's the weekend so may not be until Monday.

Nick

• petere21 likes this

#3 petere21

petere21

• Members

• 105 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Thank you for your reply, Nick.

Sorry to bother you again, but I have two more questions:

1. How can I add an <a> element to each portfolio item, so when user clicks on the image or title, he is redirected to linked page in new tab ?

2. Is it possible to add 2 additional custom html links (with custom icons) under facebook, twitter and mail icons on the right ?

Peter

#4 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I recently added some shortcodes that you can use in the option fields. Had to do the shortcode route because HTML is stripped out of the options. Those shortcodes are as follows

Use this to add a link;

[ba-link url="http://google.com" target="_blank"]my link[/ba-link]

This inserts a line break;

[ba-spacer]

As far as your second request, yes this is actually being added as we speak, funny you would mention it. ;) It's going to be updated to allow you to specify any icon, number, label, and number (up to 10).

#5 petere21

petere21

• Members

• 105 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Sure i know about this short code from welcome page, but it does not work.
When i put the shortcode in input fields for Portolio title, portfolio content, labels or attributes, shortcode is not expanded but written "as is" to the pagefield (i.e. [ba-link url="http://google.com" target="_blank"]my link[/ba-link] is displayed). Am I doing something wrong?

#6 petere21

petere21

• Members

• 105 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

thank you for you attention through the weekend. btw your ozone theme looks fantastic. :-)

#7 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Ahh right on. I'll update all the fields so that they can accept shortcodes. Right now I think it's just the about text fields. 

Thanks

Nick

#8 petere21

petere21

• Members

• 105 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

I have uploaded version 1.1.1. I am not sure if this is promised upgrade but I have still problem with portfolio section.

1. I am able to enter short codes now ([ba-link url="http://www.magnaea.sk" target="_blank"]MAGNA E.A.[/ba-link]) but it doesnt work, It comes to themselve (www.meet.sk) with just site refresh in the same window. 

2. Still no possibility to enter more than 10 pieces of portfolio

3. When I click to detail of any piece in Portfolio, Portfolio spread broken under MS IE 9 ver. 9.0.12 64bit (Include Google IE Compatibility Script? i have checked) see http://www.meet.sk/ozone.jpg

Could you tell me feedback please? Is this the upgrade or it is old previous version.

thanks

#9 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Do not turn on IE compatibility.

The code is also there for making more than 10 but the option engine that pagelines is using isn't letting it generate more than 10 so I honestly have no idea what's going on with it.

#10 petere21

petere21

• Members

• 105 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Not a good news. 10 portfolio is not enough. I will try to find another theme instead. :-( It would be better put right info in offer next tíme.

#11 petere21

petere21

• Members

• 105 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

1. After turning off IE compatibility i have the same problem. Short code doesnt work, just the page is refreshed.
  2. btw is it possible to insert hard data from portfolio in database structure directly? Do you know where data in database is written? or is there a possibility to do a short hack in the code ?
  3. portfolio under IE9 still broken
  4. "As far as your second request, yes this is actually being added as we speak, funny you would mention it. ;) It's going to be updated to allow you to specify any icon, number, label, and number (up to 10)." When we can expect it?

#12 petere21

petere21

• Members

• 105 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

or is it possible to divide portfolio into two pages (clients/projects) with max. 10 items per page instead?

thank you for your soon answers

#13 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

OK fixed that bug preventing 20 from showing, and updated theme Ozone now at 1.1.3. The extra links feature was already added on the last update.

Shortcodes

Yup you are right it's not working.The shortcodes were an attempt to circumvent the option engine in PageLines from stripping out html, but it seems it's still doing so. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about this. Wordpress doesn't save "hard data" to the database from these options.

*Edit* Enter the url in the shortcode without quotes, seems to work. 

Portfolio in IE9

Anything under IE10 isn't supported in this section. I've already been through and have searched for workarounds but not spenign any more time with that browser. I've already altered a few things for IE to make it less painful, but not doing anymore. What I recommend is making that project panel a solid white color to hide the other project thumbs that fail to stay in place when the drawer opens. You can add this CSS to change that.

#site .ba-single-project-details-inner{background:rgba(255,255,255,0.95);}

#14 petere21

petere21

• Members

• 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

good job beardedavenger good job it looks like perfect support not like an Microsoft hotline :-) thank you I am satisfied and honest to use your theme 

#15 petere21

petere21

• Members

• 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Just one small question at the end custom links does not work. Maybe I had put bad path for icon or ... ? thnkx

#16 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Hmm, not sure what you mean. What option are you referring to?

#17 petere21

petere21

• Members

• 105 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

Number of Custom Links 
Enter the number of extra custom links to configure.

I enter 3

first is:

link tittle: Vinylworld

link icon: icon-twitter

link location: http://www.vinylworld.sk

but nothing was happened I do something wrong maybe

#18 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:22 PM   Best Answer