• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rkunke

rkunke

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

Dear Pagelines,

We have a website that works on Pagelines Platformpro - www.wotr.org... which has worked fine for us.

We are now changing some ways for internal functioning. We have also decided to change to Pagelines Framework.

I have installed Framework on my local host and it works fine.

We have a test website - 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

with which we are having trouble. The error it gives is - Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /home/climate/public_html/test/testsite/wp-content/themes/pagelines/includes/library.functions.php on line 481

We have several things are not able to solve the problem.

Please help URGENTLY.

Can somebody walk me through stuff over chat? That would be a great help.

regards,

Radha Kunke

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16289 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Hi Radha,

The error you have "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes)" basically means your site had ran out of the allocated memory available.

I recommend you contact your host for assistance, as this is a hosting issue and not a PageLines one.

#3 rkunke

rkunke

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

we have gone back to our host and tried using different test sites... still the same problem persists... after uploading pagelines, when i try to activate it runs the same error.

can you give me pointers as to what specific request I have to make to the host? and what exactly do they need to look for? 

I am not familiar when the internal workings and need help to pinpoint the problem.

thanks

Radha

#4 rkunke

rkunke

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

check the space allocated. We have 1 GB with 98MB used. So that is not the problem, no?

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

Hi Radha,

I think you're confusing memory allocated to PHP processes with disk storage space.  The 1Gb is disk storage.  The error results from several people looking at your site and running PHP processes like a post, page, slider, etc. Anything PHP will use the allocated PHP memory.  If your host is only providing 1Gb of disk storage they are probably providing very little PHP memory.  The maximum you can have it set to is 256Mb, but we recommend 128Mb.  Your host is giving you less than the 32Mb required for WordPress to work.

I'd suggest therefore, that you change hosts or hosting plans to something that can accommodate Wordpress' needs as well as the storage you will need for images and content, as well as processing.

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

262144 bytes is 256 kilobytes. Tell your host to increase it to at least 64 megabytes.

Who is your host?

#7 rkunke

rkunke

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

thanks for your replies... will check and get back to you.

radha

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Great. Looking forward to the update.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: installation