Photo
- - - - -

Framework 2.4 feature

framework 2.4 feature

Best Answer Simon_P , 19 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

After the upgrade the home page now pulls in an image from a blog article and treats it like a feature.

No it does not.

Only a featured image is shown on the blog page if enabled. No images from the blog content are ever used.

I dont see any featured images on http://lasercreatives.com/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Site: www.kinetixgroup.com

I just updated to Framework 2.4

Before the  upgrade, I had a single feature image on the homepage.

After the upgrade the home page now pulls in an image from a blog article and treats it like a feature.

I dont understand why it is doing this. I have checked all parameters. 

Ive checked PageLines, Page Options, Site defaults.

Ive checked PageLines, Drag & Drop area

Ive checked the actual page

All seems to point to the feature image I want, but the site is still pulling in a blog article.

Any thoughts?

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:36 AM   Best Answer

No it does not.

Only a featured image is shown on the blog page if enabled. No images from the blog content are ever used.

I dont see any featured images on 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

look at www.kinetixgroup.com

The image that is there (referring to TM) is from a blog article. I want a featured image there. I have the featured image selected properly everywhere, but it does not show up.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Im still not sure what your referring too.

Do you want the featured image from and article to show with the post, above, indented whatever. OR are your referring to the feature slider at the top?

#5 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Let me restate the issue.

Before I updated to the new Frameworks 2.4 I had an image on my home page that was a "feature" image. It appeared just below the nav. area in the Template section.

After I updated, the site now has a different image there. I dont know why. Also, the image that appears now has content in it from a  blog article. Plus the image it is using as a default, I have no idea where that is coming from.

I have my one and only "feature" image designated in my default template and everywhere else I can see.

Im not sure  how I can get my featured image back on the home page. www.kinetixgroup.com

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

Hi,

I'd suggest checking the feature-set assignment. Make sure:

A.  The slide on that page is in the correct feature set. Go to Dashboard > Features > Features

B.  The feature set you desired is selected in the PageLines Meta Settings for the page

Likely, the sets have become corrupted or just un-attached to the slide. Fixing that should resolve the issue.

If the slide sets are correct, let us know.  We'll then move on to the next possibility.

#7 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Thank you for your response.

The Features> feature set is correctly assigned. Also have the Nav. set to No Navigation. Max number set to 1

Something is getting over-written and some default is being used.

I have been trying other settings to see what effects this default image. I can move its placement on the page. I can turn all references to "feature" off everywhere and it will disappear. But, for some reason I cannot designate what the image IS.

???

#8 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

I have two other sites that have the same version of Frameworks (2.4). They both are working just fine.

They are:

www.proudparent.com

www.lasercreatives.com

They have the logo at the top followed by the Nav. followed by the feature image.

Both of these sites took the upgrade just fine. For some reason the www.kinetixgroup.com did not.

#9 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

I have been working on the site for a day and still have not found the answer.

The main image on the home page is supposed to be a "feature" image. I only have one "feature" image on this site now. All appropriate boxes are selected to show this image (same as my other three Wordpress sites). 

However, on this site: www.kinetixgroup.com the site pulls from the blog articles and uses that on the home page in place of my "feature" image.

I dont know why it is pulling from blog articles rather than the "feature" list.

Can anyone help?

#10 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

file://localhost/Users/scott/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202013-01-19%20at%207.25.59%20PM.jpg

#11 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17569 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

HI,

I apologise but I am not quite sure what you're trying to achieve here, I have visited your website and from what I can see the homepage is displaying one feature slider image, which is what you're after isn't it?

#12 8216az7373

8216az7373

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I was able to get it to work.

I had to restart WP several times, clear Cache, and re-select every link to the feature I could. I still do not know why it was pulling a blog article and placing it where the feature should go, but I know have a feature where it should be.

One thing. On the drag and drop page of Pagelines. I did ad a second feature (drag and drop). I then selected the first one to hide automatically. This seems to have over-written the first one and showed the second one which was my true feature. So, maybe there was some kind of bug with the first feature button on the drag and drop default page.

#13 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17569 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

Not sure what your issue is, if you set your feature section to hide automatically, then this section will be hidden unless you state otherwise. So if you cloned a second feature on your template and set one to hide, then your pages using this template will only ever show one feature section, I'm not sure why you would claim this to be a bug, its working as intended.