#21 maureen1671

maureen1671

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMenifee CA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

Hello,

When I click expand that is not what I see.  I attached a screen shot of what I see.  Either way, I have typed in #boxes .clone_2 .content-pad {background: #ffffff;}  and nothing changes.  

I took everything out of my Custom Code section (thinking I had put something in there that was causing a problem) but this:

body{}
#boxes .clone_2 .content-pad {background: #ffffff;}

and still no change of color in the boxes section - just the pink content background color.  Is it possible to line up the 3 buttons in that position any other way and have the background the same color as the footer and morefoot?  I have spent days on this.  Pagelines is becoming very unproductive for me.  I am getting very discouraged.  I left the site stripped of all css except above so you can take a look.  Thanks so much for your help. 

#22 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

Hi Maureen,

It might help to take a tall cold glass of water and a breather.  Sometimes when these things get daunting, I've found that the best cure.

Okay, stepping back from the edge of the cliff, I'm unsure what happened here, but evidently the lower set of boxes where you want the background color set is actually a very easy thing, but for some reason, instead of the boxes being created as I had suggested, they seem to be cloned. This is why it's problematic.  When something's cloned and you want to apply CSS to it, that CSS will affect both the parent element as well as the clone.

So, I've isolated the boxes down to the lowest level I can get without getting down to the buttons themselves.

Here's the code:

#boxes .content-pad {
    background-color: red;
    padding-bottom: 5px;
}

You can change "red" to any color you desire.

If this does not work, I'd strongly recommend hiring a professional developer from our team of Pros at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

That said, the color of the footer also has to be set by CSS.

Here's an example:

#footer {
    background-color: #C00000;
    clear: both;
    color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.6);
    position: relative;
    text-align: left;
}

#23 maureen1671

maureen1671

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMenifee CA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

Well... if that is the problem I can solve that.  I didn't realize cloning was a problem... I moved the first "origional" box button (consultation) into a Content Box so I would not have to Clone the Box section.  Now I only have one set of Boxes on that page in the Morefoot and the code changed the background of the boxes but not the full width.

Almost there ;-)  What do I do to make it full width.  I really do appreciate your help.  You guys are awesome!  I was hoping to figure out how to work on Page lines myself rather than hire a Pro...seems like hat would defeat the purpose of buying/using it.  I am however getting the hang of it thanks to you guys!

#24 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

Maureen,

It's the issue of full width that seems to be getting you in trouble.

Placing the boxes inside a content box means that the elements are overridden so you can't easily apply CSS to a section.  Had you simply followed my original suggestion of adding the second row of boxes in the same box set, there would have been no problem here.  It's when anyone changes the instructions we happily provide that they seem to get into the most difficulty and make it more difficult for us to resolve.

I think the option to make the color full width really doesn't exist given the layout and construction of the site.  The available options are rather limited.  This is why my colleagues and I recommend a Pro.

#25 maureen1671

maureen1671

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMenifee CA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

The boxes are not inside a content box.  You misunderstood.  And I did not intentionally not follow your instructions, I simply could not see how to make 2 sets of boxes without cloning.

So if I understand you correctly, there is absolutely no way to undo what has been done other than pay  one of your professionals to produce the site?

#26 maureen1671

maureen1671

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMenifee CA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

I see the confusion.  I just went back and reread your directions.  You thought I had the first set in boxes.  I did not, I had the first three in the morefoot sidebar left, middle and right widget.  I had a box up in the content area and I cloned that.  

I will go back and try pulling out of the morefoot sidebar and making boxes.  I will set it up to display 2 rows of 6 like you suggested.

#27 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

Hi Maureen

To make the color go full width you need to apply the css with the .content-pad, that is the part which restricts the color and keeps it within the content area

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• maureen1671 likes this

#28 maureen1671

maureen1671

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMenifee CA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

Thank you!  worked perfect.

#29 James B

James B