Photo
- - - - -

Callout customizations

callout

Best Answer Rob , 18 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Hi Cliff,

You can always prefix any CSS with .page-id-XX (where XX represents the page ID number assigned by WordPress).

Finding the correct element in Firebug or Chrome's Inspection Tool should result in the ability to apply a padding-left or margin-left.   I'm doubtful that float:left will work as it would probably cause a conflict with the button.

To answer your query about a box for a Callout Section, such a class would be applied to the whole Callout, which is a pre-styled section with a particular layout. As it wouldn't apply to any individual component of the Callout, there would be no impact on redesigning its layout.  This is why direct, custom CSS is a more effective, efficient and productive method of customization.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 440 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

How can I have the entire Callout area moved to the right, like this: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

?

And shouldn't there be a box in Page Settings for adding a class to Callout section, or some other way to style just one Callout instead of all of them, like with a text-align:right; or something?

Thank you.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:10 PM   Best Answer

Hi Cliff,

You can always prefix any CSS with .page-id-XX (where XX represents the page ID number assigned by WordPress).

Finding the correct element in Firebug or Chrome's Inspection Tool should result in the ability to apply a padding-left or margin-left.   I'm doubtful that float:left will work as it would probably cause a conflict with the button.

To answer your query about a box for a Callout Section, such a class would be applied to the whole Callout, which is a pre-styled section with a particular layout. As it wouldn't apply to any individual component of the Callout, there would be no impact on redesigning its layout.  This is why direct, custom CSS is a more effective, efficient and productive method of customization.

#3 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 440 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

A css class option should be added to the Callout customization options, like the Content Box Class option for ContentBox. One reason is because page-id- does not show up anywhere in View Source on the Blog Template page. If you have a way to move the text to align right, please share.

I tried

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

within the Callout text option, but it didn't do what I wanted, and text-align:right; didn't do anything.

Also, more built-in styles would be cool too.

Thank you.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

I'll pass it along to the developers.

#5 CliffordP

CliffordP