Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Icon Font HTML Stripping

Question

Posted · Report post

The visual editor strips out this

<p><i class="icon-thumbs-up-large"></i><strong>IT Arsenal Likes:</strong> Gregs wisdom, powerful actionable ideas, have a conversation with him.</p>

for this, removing my icon

<p><strong>IT Arsenal Likes:</strong> Gregs wisdom, powerful actionable ideas, have a conversation with him.</p>

How can I get around this?

-r

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

R,

You can use the Text mode and swap back and forth to see the visual mode very easily.

See the image below.  The tabs at the top right let you swap back and forth while creating posts or pages. Even works for Boxes, Features or other elements that have an editing field.

You'd just paste or edit with code in the Text mode, then visually modify using the tools available in Visual Mode.  Wordpress, not PageLines wisely made that so that people do not accidentally post code into visible areas of their sites.

post-6-0-45289100-1358813427_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

Thanks appreciate the advice and plugin.

Asking not to use the visual mode is a bummer, I like code and all but it's just faster to throw down content.

Cheers!

Posted · Report post

Hi R,

When applying code to any post or page edit field, it's strongly advisable to use the Text mode.  Visual will strip code out, while text mode keeps it.  One little note, WordPress doesn't like the <i> tag for italics.  Instead, it uses <em>.  I'd suggest adjusting that accordingly and when your code enhanced text is placed in the Text Mode, you'll see some results.

Posted · Report post

The visual editor will not recognise the <i> tag, unless you use a filter to add it, and trust me thats a real PITA and it still strips it lol

Take Robs advice and never use the editor, it sucks anyway.