chisim11

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Florida
  • Framework Version:2.22

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

I want to add the logos that I had on prev site 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

onto my new site. however, my new site will not have a black background on most pages. Therefore, I would like to have in the footer area a transparency, so I can add the logos but that I can still have the background pic. Click on the the site below to give you an idea what I'm talking about. I realize theirs is customized with loops and so forth which mine will not have.

Thanks

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

Hi,

The footer usually has no color to begin with, unless you have added a background color using CSS. The footer background area uses the body background color, so if you were to make it transparent, it would look the same with or without the background:transparent code.

#3 chisim11

chisim11

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

I realize the footer has no color, I was just trying to express what I want to get accomplished. I dont know CSS, how do I get it to work the way I want it. Here is a better example as the previous site the area in black that is transparent is more subtle on this site: 

If there is a way to do this via CSS, how would I be able to adjust the height of this area so the height would not be too short or too tall?

Thanks.

#4 chisim11

chisim11

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

Danny, forgot to mention. As you review the above site, 

, you will notice the different languages and their respective flags. Does pagelines have any sort of plugin for something like this?

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

To help you with the Custom CSS, please review this tutorial carefully:

PageLines does not have its own translation plugin.

#6 chisim11

chisim11

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Sending me to a page to learn CSS does not address my question!! If you read my previous posts, you will notice I indicated that I do not know CSS. I am not asking to customize my site from scratch, I'm just asking for help from you folks who are knowledgable in the filed to perhaps provide with a short simple solution/code, if possible regarding this transparency. I have read many, many times where the moderators would provide whatever CSS code to members to enter on the custom area to address whatever issues they may have. I realize some of your members are developers and such but I can assume there are a lot of other members who don't do this type of stuff for a living. If what I asked was too time consuming, then say so, but sending me to this other page to go over CSS that I have no clue about is disappointing.

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Hi,

Sorry about your troubles.  Catrina is following a newer policy in which we unfortunately cannot provide CSS code directly.  She was, in fact, doing precisely what we're supposed to do, which is to guide you to resource that will provide you with quick-learn solutions, examples and sandboxes where you can test things.  For years now, we've been recommending Firebug or Chrome's Inspection Tool to our clients urging them to use these to facilitate an understanding of customizing their sites.  Even the smallest change is a customization, as I'm confident you understand.

Using Firebug or Chrome's Tool will give you a clearer understanding of which elements need changing or what changes may be applied to achieve results.  If modifying existing code doesn't solve a problem, the link Catrina provided should guide you quickly to reach your goals.

I hope this helps with your issue.

#8 carldesigns

carldesigns

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Rob, respectively...

I just signed up for Pagelines and the main reason I did was that I was promised support "and" that I didn't need to know a bunch of CSS to get a site up and running. Now, unlike chisim11, I know a bit of CSS but I'm still surprised at how much CSS I'll need to get a website looking the way I want it to. As an example, and a bit off the subject above, I need to add CSS to get the font to change size. I can change the letter spacing, weight, style (under Typography/Edit Font Styling) but I have to adjust the size of the font with code. Seriously, I've got to code it? This is just an example of what I'm finding so far but it is a major disappointment.

There are plenty of options for developers and very few for designers that just want to put together a decent looking site that actually works. I thought Pagelines was one of those. Especially after several pitches I heard prior to purchasing Pagelines. I understand the need to learn as I go, picking up bits and pieces of CSS, but much of that comes from have the support to do so, which I thought I would have.

I guess the point is if the forum isn't available to address the needs of those who need it the most than what good is it?

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

We appreciate your feedback Carl but when developing PageLines Framework, we read through all the feedback we received regarding Platform Pro, to see where we went wrong and what we could improve upon. One of the most common issues users of Platform Pro had were that the number of options available was just far too confusing.

So due to the feedback, we decided to remove some of the options, which in the past only lead to a bloated product and confusion. These changes allow our users to create a great looking website up, fast with little to no effort and make the experience as pleasant as possible.

We knew that in doing this some users, especially designers would require custom CSS to achieve the certain designs. That is why, we used color math, which created different highlights and tones based on the colors you have chosen on the Color Control settings panel. We also gave all sections unique classes, which can be used to easily override the default style.

We also understand that some of our users have little to no knowledge of CSS and will require assistance to achieve the look they're after. This is why I am currently re-writing the docs, with these users in mind and in the future be finalising the customisation section which will hopefully address some of the most common customisation questions, such as:

How to center my navigation for Fixed Navigation, NavBar, Nav Classic, Secondary Navigation and Scroll Spy

How to change the size of fonts for specific sections or areas.

How to add contact information or a google advert to the header/branding area of your website

And so on...

You can see my progress here - 

For designers, we created a theming center which should assist most designers - 

Also, I would welcome any feedback/suggestions regarding our docs. You can use the following form to contact me -