Photo
- - - - -

boxes boxes....

Best Answer Rob , 18 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Hi,

Depending on where the boxes are placed on the page, you have two options.  For example, boxes placed in the morefoot or footer should probably have the set selected from the Page Options (as these are universal to the site.

However, boxes added to the Page Template or to the Content Area may have the box set selected from the PageLines Meta Settings on the post or page. You may have an unlimited number of sets, but if you have cloned boxes on a page you have select the a box set for each.  This sometimes doesn't work so well.

For that reason, I've traditionally recommended WP-Boxer, a plugin that uses shortcodes to set as many Content Block sets (same as boxes, basically) on a post or page as you desire. I use it myself because I use 8 sets on my homepage.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 widecue

widecue

• Members

• 20 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Hi,

is it only possible to use one set of boxes per site or i am missing something?

I mean i have 2 sets of boxes but can only associate from "page options" only one set....

Anybody?

Thanks

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:11 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

Depending on where the boxes are placed on the page, you have two options.  For example, boxes placed in the morefoot or footer should probably have the set selected from the Page Options (as these are universal to the site.

However, boxes added to the Page Template or to the Content Area may have the box set selected from the PageLines Meta Settings on the post or page. You may have an unlimited number of sets, but if you have cloned boxes on a page you have select the a box set for each.  This sometimes doesn't work so well.

For that reason, I've traditionally recommended

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, a plugin that uses shortcodes to set as many Content Block sets (same as boxes, basically) on a post or page as you desire. I use it myself because I use 8 sets on my homepage.

#3 widecue

widecue

• Members

• 20 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Thanks a lot Rob.