#1 Anthony Luth

Anthony Luth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA
  • Framework Version:Developer 2.3.8

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

I am working on a project that utilizes both Blog category and category name. I am trying to have the blog archive page list only posts for the Blog category and an additional archive for posts from other categories, for example:

If a post is from category Sports, it shows on somedomain.com/category/sports or somedomain.com/sports/somepost and not under somedomain.com/blog and so on, and so forth. This is not added right now natively, so I will need to build a custom template to do this, but this could be a most beneficial addition to the pagelines frame work.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Hi Anthony,

The Archive and Category templates are for Special Pages which are dynamically created and not static. They may not be applied to static pages. So a post in a Sports category will appear in the Sports Category page or in an archive page.  However, I'm concerned about it not appearing in the Blog page which is a cache-all for every post.

If someone creates a customized Category or Archive template, it will still be limited to the dynamic pages, though I'm not sure how one would apply it.  The reason Archives and Category are in Drag & Drop and Page Options are to allow site admins to customize those page templates with available sections and any specific information that may be made available via settings.

I'll certainly pass along your suggestion to our developers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: category, blog, pagelines, pro, structure, permalink