• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 trebord_55

trebord_55

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

As an introduction, I'm a newbie who's been using Pagelines for a few months now . . . I've posted very little in these forums because almost inevitably I've found that others have come before me with hurdles similar to mine, and the forum support provided by Danny, Rob, James, and many others, is so comprehensive that my questions have been answered without my even needing to post. So I give an A++ for Pagelines Forum support -- Thank you and keep up the good work!!  :D

That said, I have two pieces of "constructive" feedback; I'm aware that the first is already in the process of being remedied.

1) The documentation that you have available looks professional and is easy to follow. I just wish there were more of it, better organized, with -- critically -- more live demos of the various features (e.g. Sections) that are available. Please note that an explanation of how to set something up does little good when the reader/viewer doesn't have the faintest idea of what the feature in question is supposed to do. I know you're working on this, but please make sure to highlight key links (like this page, which I only just became aware of) within the Pagelines Dashboard.

2) The Drag & Drop Template Setup page may be revolutionary, but it sure is confusing. It took me about a month to figure out the difference between the Page Template Section set-up and the Content Area Section set-up . . . and another month to get my mind around the fact that it's a *linear* rather than *hierarchical* progression: you can set any Page Template (#1-5) to contain a Content Section (amongst other possible sections), but you do not then have a choice of previously-set Content Area arrangements to choose from. When you click on the Content Area box, you're not setting up one of a range of possible Content Areas (i.e. templates), but are, rather, fine-tuning the Page Template you were previously working on. There are Page Templates, but not, contrary to appearances, Content Area templates. Surely the interface could be clarified! (I'd be happy to explain further what I mean by linear rather than hierarchic progression, if you'd like me to...)

As a secondary thought on this topic, it would be awfully useful to be able to rename the Page Templates -- How else to remember which is which when I'm designing a new page?

All this said, thanks for a great product, and great support! (And forgive me for re-hashing feedback that I'm sure has already been provided, if only I'd looked!)

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

Hi Trebord

Thank you very much for providing us with such great feedback. I will make sure this gets passed over to relevant members of the Management Team for their review, we're glad you're enjoying your Pagelines experience.

Our documentation is constantly being improved and the new doc's site has only recently launched, so we are in the process of fine tuning what needs to be there and how we can improve/clarify the information for the end user. Feedback like this really helps us know what users are looking for and how we can achieve that. :)

• trebord_55 likes this

#3 kathleenmattson

kathleenmattson

• Members

• 2 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR, USA

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:31 PM

I'm so grateful to Trebord_55 for posting the link to the documentation in his post!

Pagelines Folks, it would be great if you had a link in your top menu to "Help" or "Support" or "Documentation" -- I looked long and hard and had given up when I got the link from Trebrad's post. :-)