• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ccowell

ccowell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

Hi, I created a custom post type named "Podcast". I noticed that this created a "Podcast Archive" template in Pagelines' Drag N Drop. After configuring the new template, I tried to create a new page with the "Podcast Archive" template but it does not show up in the dropdown. How can I assign the "Podcast Archive" template to a new page? Thanks.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

Hi,

An archive template is a special page template and is thus not assignable.  It is picked up dynamically when an archived post is called by a browser for viewing. It works in the background.

Anything you might add to the Archive Template may also be added to one of the assignable templates (Default, Templates 1 to 5). By doing this, the posts or pages you have will look exactly the same when fresh as they are when archived.  I'd recommend simply setting up both the archive template and one of the standard templates to match.

#3 ccowell

ccowell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

Maybe I am approaching this incorrectly, but how can I setup a custom template that will use "The Loop" to display latest "Podcast" along with pagination?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

Hi,

On Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop > Page Templates you can add any sections that are full-width or rather page-width. You'll have the Content section there. Don't remove it from the template selected.

Click next on Content Area, you'll see PostLoop, which is "the Loop". You can add any section available here, above or below the postloop that will be within the space next to the sidebars.

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

Hi there, if you follow the guide here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

this will allow you to set up a custom template in the drag and drop that you can assign to static pages :-)

However, if you're looking to use the loop to display posts based on a specific category like 'podcast' it sounds like you'd be better off using a standard category page and editing the setup/adding sections via the drag and drop to the category template.

If you do want to make your own custom template and then use a plugin/section to call in the loop I'd suggest looking at the follow which could help you

• ccowell likes this

#6 ccowell

ccowell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for your help, I mistakenly purchased Catloop instead of Anyloop. :( Catloop does not handle custom post types. I hope Pagelines will honor their refund policy. #crossingmyfingers

#7 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

I recommend emailing the help desk at hello@pagelines.com for any account questions so they can help you out :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: page template, custom post type, archive, dropdown menu