Photo

Landing Page for new visitors

Best Answer Rob , 17 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Hi Dario,

Any redirect like that would likely need a custom cookie and plugin to ensure it works. I would imagine however, that such an action has to actually be in the root, such as the .htaccess before WP loads so that the redirect can load the correct page before the default homepage. 

We have a team of Development Pros available at http://www.pagelines.com/pros

Unfortunately, this type of customization is something we couldn't really help with in a forum setting.  I'm confident one of the developers can help with this.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dario

dario

• Members

• 124 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis
  • Framework Version:DMS 2

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Is there a way to set a landing page for new visitors only, then, on their future visit push them to the main blog page? Yes, I'm thinking cookies and yes I'm going to move this blog over to framework once I get the time.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:22 AM   Best Answer

Hi Dario,

Any redirect like that would likely need a custom cookie and plugin to ensure it works. I would imagine however, that such an action has to actually be in the root, such as the .htaccess before WP loads so that the redirect can load the correct page before the default homepage. 

We have a team of Development Pros available at http://www.pagelines.com/pros

Unfortunately, this type of customization is something we couldn't really help with in a forum setting.  I'm confident one of the developers can help with this.

#3 dario

dario

• Members

• 124 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis
  • Framework Version:DMS 2

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Thanks Rob. That's what I suspected.