Photo
- - - - -

Sites can't find CSS files after updating PageLines

Best Answer ralvarado , 16 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

To sum up: add the following line to your wp-config.php file and PageLines will be happy:

define('PL_NO_DYNAMIC_URL', true);

This allows default permalinks to function even if your site is set to a different permalink style. I think. Anyway, it works.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ralvarado

ralvarado

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

We have just upgraded PageLines from 2.1.something to 2.3.8 and now all of our sites are broken. They all look as if the have no css file associated with them. In Chrome, the console screen shows this error:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Anyone have any ideas about how to solve this? I've attached a screenshot of an example broken site. 

Attached Files

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Open wp-config.php and enable WP_DEBUG, that will hopefully show you wat the error is, or check the server error logs.

#3 ralvarado

ralvarado

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Thanks for the quick response! I've enabled debugging on our test server ... Here's is what I get at the top of the page after disabling all plugins:

Notice: register_sidebar_widget is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 2.8! Use wp_register_sidebar_widget() instead. in /var/www/html/wpmu/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2824

Notice: register_widget_control is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 2.8! Use wp_register_widget_control() instead. in /var/www/html/wpmu/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2824

Notice: unregister_sidebar_widget is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 2.8! Use wp_unregister_sidebar_widget() instead. in /var/www/html/wpmu/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2824

Notice: register_sidebar_widget is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 2.8! Use wp_register_sidebar_widget() instead. in /var/www/html/wpmu/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2824

Notice: register_widget_control is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 2.8! Use wp_register_widget_control() instead. in /var/www/html/wpmu/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2824

Notice: define() was called with an argument that is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 3.0! The constant <code>VHOST</code> <strong>is deprecated</strong>. Use the boolean constant <code>SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL</code> in wp-config.php to enable a subdomain configuration. Use is_subdomain_install() to check whether a subdomain configuration is enabled. in /var/www/html/wpmu/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2908

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

OK add under the debug line:

define( 'PL_NO_DYNAMIC_URL', true' );

All the stuff you pasted above was errors from poorly coded plugins.

#5 ralvarado

ralvarado

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

OK, I've done that, but the error messages remain. However, now the problem seems to be solved on my test server. All I did was restart the web server after updating the wp-config file. But we have already restarted the server on production and it had not effect. Weird.

The problem seems to be related to PageLines looking for a cache file that is not there (given the browser console error message cited earlier). Any idea on how to stop this from happening?

#6 ralvarado

ralvarado

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

OK, it looks like this has to do with permalinks. The broken sites can find their CSS files now if permalinks are set to default. Is this a requirement for PageLines?

#7 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

It isnt a requirement no.

The define snippet i provided will use a url without permalinks if yours are not setup.

#8 ralvarado

ralvarado

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

OK, thanks!

#9 ralvarado

ralvarado

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:51 PM   Best Answer

To sum up: add the following line to your wp-config.php file and PageLines will be happy:

define('PL_NO_DYNAMIC_URL', true);

This allows default permalinks to function even if your site is set to a different permalink style. I think. Anyway, it works.