widgets css

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 letsroar

letsroar

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

I'm creating a site for a church. For the weekly sermon management, I'm using a special plugin that also creates widgets. On the home page of

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

the widget on the right displays horrible css for the widget, emphasizing the wrong headings, etc. I've looked in Firebug but seems to point to a dynamically created CSS file? I need to style the widget better and just don't know how. The word "from" is huge in relation to the other elements of the widget. Need to change its H4 designation to something else. Help please! Thanks.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15848 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Hi,

The generated CSS file you're referring to is the PageLines Compiled CSS. However, the special plugin appears to add IDs/classes to your widgets but doesn't actually style them at all, so what you see if the default basic styling for standard widgets using PageLines CSS.

Therefore, what you will need to do is use the IDs/classes for these widgets and then style them yourself using custom CSS.

The first widget on your homepage is using the following ID/classes:

ID

#enmse_seriesengine_widget_info-2

Class

.enmse_seriesengine_widget_class

You can find these using either Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools, see my image below:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: widgets, css