#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Hi,

The Footer Columns area you're speaking of are like default demo content, so you can't rename them without editing the files, which is something we do not recommend or support.

However, the Footer Columns area is a Sidebar and therefore, you can add widgets, which can contain any content you like, see here for more information.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 jnop2001

jnop2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

when i am debbuging i can find the especific file to rename those titles. Did you now the file? Or there is any support doc for the tree file structure of de pageline dev?

many tanks

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Hi,

If you modify core files, you are likely to break both your site and your support license. We don't support editing core files.

As Danny correctly said, you may go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and add any widget you like to Footer Columns. When you do, you'll see the field to change the displayed name for the widget. So, for example if you added the Pages widget but don't want it called Pages, then you could change it there.

The footer columns are a very unique grouping.  If you want to add up to 6 widgets there, you're able to do so easily, by simply dragging and dropping a widget into it.  Your goal is very easy to attain.