Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

custom link open in new window doesn't work in fixed nav?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi all,

I put together my menu with a custom link that is supposed to open in a new window.

It works perfectly with the nav classic menu but now I'm using fix nav and it DOES NOT open in a new window.

How do I fix this?

Thanks...

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

oh god, i'm so sorry, i just realized that it was my stupid mistake. forget i ever asked - the "open in new window" box somehow got unchecked.

i'm embarrassed, sorry to waste your time and thank you for responding.

now if you could look at my other post at: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/23764-logo-cutout-in-navbarheader/ that would be AWESOME. i swear i spent time on that one and can't figure it out for the life of me...

thanks again!

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Go to your websites Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > NavBar, then in the Fixed Nav menu option, select your custom Wordpress Menu and save settings.

Posted · Report post

I'd done that before posting, otherwise my fixed nav menu wouldn't be working.

The only aspect of the fixed nav that's not working is that the custom link in it opens its link in the same window instead of a NEW window as it should - that is how I specified it in the custom WP menu. (Well, I shouldn't say the ONLY aspect that's not working - see also my post from today on http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/23764-logo-cutout-in-navbarheader/ ).

I hope I'm being clear.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Posted · Report post

hehe no problem!

Posted · Report post

thanks danny... any clue on my other issue (link above)?