Photo
- - - - -

LESS Compiler + 500 Internal Server Error

multisite less css framework server error

Best Answer James B , 16 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

Hi there, I'll need to check that with the developer team when they come in to be able to get a definitive answer for you.

However, looking on a previous thread for a customer who had the same issue on a multisite setup Simon's suggested the below which worked for that client and could help.

Add to wp-config.php:

define( 'PL_NO_DYNAMIC_URL', true );

Full thread for reference - http://www.pagelines...ite#entry130076

If not, let us know

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dokether

dokether

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB
  • Framework Version:2.4.2

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

I'm in the process of setting up a dedicated Wordpress multisite hosting environment and am working on transferring over some of my clients' websites. I seem to be running into an issue however in that the LESS/CSS compiler isn't able to create the file it wants to. When I view the site, all of the styles are messed up because the compiled css is throwing the following error:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(Just for the sake of clarity, everything in between the <link></link> is what is displayed from Firebug when I open the css file)

Are there specific server modules or settings that I need to have set for this to compile properly? I've tried stripping all but the essentials from my Wordpress .htaccess file, changing file permissions, and more... nothing seems to work and I'm wondering if there's some php module or something I need to install to get this working?

Thanks,

Dave

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:40 AM   Best Answer

Hi there, I'll need to check that with the developer team when they come in to be able to get a definitive answer for you.

However, looking on a previous thread for a customer who had the same issue on a multisite setup Simon's suggested the below which worked for that client and could help.

Full thread for reference -

If not, let us know

• jackazoid likes this

#3 dokether

dokether

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB
  • Framework Version:2.4.2

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Hey James,

That definitely solved the issue, thank you.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Excellent, glad it worked for you :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: multisite, less, css, framework, server error