Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LESS Compiler + 500 Internal Server Error

Question

Posted · Report post

I'm in the process of setting up a dedicated Wordpress multisite hosting environment and am working on transferring over some of my clients' websites. I seem to be running into an issue however in that the LESS/CSS compiler isn't able to create the file it wants to. When I view the site, all of the styles are messed up because the compiled css is throwing the following error:

<link id="pagelines-less-css" media="all" type="text/css" href="http://paddi.kether-interactive.ca/wp-content/themes/pagelines/pagelines-compiled-css-6_1358312644/" rel="stylesheet">
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
<p>The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.</p>
<p>Please contact the server administrator,
webmaster@kether-interactive.ca and inform them of the time the error occurred,
and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.</p>
<p>More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.</p>
</body></html>
</link>

(Just for the sake of clarity, everything in between the <link></link> is what is displayed from Firebug when I open the css file)

Are there specific server modules or settings that I need to have set for this to compile properly? I've tried stripping all but the essentials from my Wordpress .htaccess file, changing file permissions, and more... nothing seems to work and I'm wondering if there's some php module or something I need to install to get this working?

Thanks,

Dave

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there, I'll need to check that with the developer team when they come in to be able to get a definitive answer for you.

However, looking on a previous thread for a customer who had the same issue on a multisite setup Simon's suggested the below which worked for that client and could help.

Add to wp-config.php:

define( 'PL_NO_DYNAMIC_URL', true );

Full thread for reference - http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/22395-pagelines-compiles-css-error-500/?hl=css+multisite#entry130076

If not, let us know

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hey James,

That definitely solved the issue, thank you.

Posted · Report post

Excellent, glad it worked for you :-)