2 replies to this topic

#1 laavenida36

laavenida36

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Framework Version:Pro

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Hi there!

Since I installed the Pagelines Framework to my site I am having a ton of problems with images in general. For some reason I can't edit the size of an image. It shows the edited size in the HTML but then all the images on my site have turned back to their original size. They are HUGE and they are slowing down significantly the speed of my blog.

I normally use Windows Life Writer to write my posts and the same thing happens. If I edit the image there to a specific size it is fine in the draft and in the HTML but the images go back to their original size as soon as I publish them.

I am also having issues with images and plugins. For example the Pinterest Plugin For Images that it was working perfectly before does not work at all or any other pluging for Pinterest images that I have tried.

Help? How do I fix these problems?

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hi there, have you recently upgraded to wordpress 3.5? A lot of third party plugins authors haven't managed to update their plugins yet to work within 3.5 comfortably. Wordpress 3.5 contained a major jquery update which has also effected the way images are handled inside wordpress. Which browser are you using also, images seem to be sizing correctly inside firefox.

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

First, PageLines does nothing to control image sizes. Not even our default CSS sets any specific size for images. This is done by WordPress. 

The resizing of images is something that not every browser accepts.  Firefox, for example, works perfectly well with images resized by WP or CSS.  On the other hand, IE doesn't accept any sort of resizing or scaling. 

So what's a good solution.  Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro... are two of the best.  Resize your images graphically, rather than through scaling.  Replace everything that's scaled or resized via WP and shockingly, everything will work just fine.

If you are having problems with plugins, it's possible they're having conflicts with some recent WP updates.  Have your plugins been updated for WP 3.5?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: images, pinterest, plugins