Photo
- - - - -

Fatal error after updating plugin

Best Answer Rob , 26 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Hi Chules,

First, let me say there seems to be a server issue going on here because I've not seen so many premium plugins crash all at once.

I visited your site and found the following error:

Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /var/www/vhosts/dev.sportscare1.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2959 Notice: Undefined index: std in /var/www/vhosts/dev.sportscare1.com/wp-content/plugins/codecanyon-1497329-wp-boxer-pro/framework/cow_plugin_framework.php on line 367 Notice: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in /var/www/vhosts/dev.sportscare1.com/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406 

This was at the very top of your page.  As you can see, none of it has anything to do with PageLines. Instead, it appears to be WP-Boxer, one of my favorite plugins having issues with WordPress itself.  That said, I happen to use Boxer plugin extensively on my site and do not get these errors.  Again, this leads me to thing this is a server issue.  It's the same issue you're seeing.

At the bottom of your page, you have this:

Notice: Undefined index: aboutme in /var/www/vhosts/dev.sportscare1.com/wp-content/plugins/social-media-widget/social-widget.php on line 133 Notice: Undefined index: instagram in /var/www/vhosts/dev.sportscare1.com/wp-content/plugins/social-media-widget/social-widget.php on line 134 Notice: Undefined index: slashdot in /var/www/vhosts/dev.sportscare1.com/wp-content/plugins/social-media-widget/social-widget.php on line 135 Notice: Undefined index: github in /var/www/vhosts/dev.sportscare1.com/wp-content/plugins/social-media-widget/social-widget.php on line 136 Notice: Undefined index: goodreads in /var/www/vhosts/dev.sportscare1.com/wp-content/plugins/social-media-widget/social-widget.php on line 137 Notice: Undefined index: cuttingsme in /var/www/vhosts/dev.sportscare1.com/wp-content/plugins/social-media-widget/social-widget.php on line 138 

Once more, this is a plugin issue not specific to PageLines, but to the there doesn't appear to be anything pointing to WordPress either.

I would sincerely recommend contacting your hosting company and asking them to check the entirety of your server to identify errors.  Let them know you want at least 128Mb of RAM allocated for PHP processes - but this doesn't appear to be a memory issue. The errors are different.

Much as we'd like to, we cannot support server issues or third-party premium plugns.  You need to communicate directly with the plugin authors or go through the support forums provided for them by the retailer.

Go to the full post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#21 page2012

page2012

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Hi,

I just updated the Timely plugin to 1.9 and then the site crashed. It worked very well with the 1.8 version...

For information, I use the last version of Framework, I cleared the cache and the site is ok when I de-activate the plugin… So, is there a solution to keep Timely working on Pagelines ?

Thanks !

Olivier

#22 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16295 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hi,

I just installed the free version of Timely and have no issue, the plugin as far as I can tell is working as intended. I was using the latest version of the Wordpress, PageLines and Timely.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#23 page2012

page2012

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hi Danny,

I also have the latest version of Wordpress, PageLines and Timely... but it doesn't work... => "Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0"

Olivier

#24 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16295 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Try disabling all non-PageLines plugins and attempt to upgrade Timely again, see if this resolves your issue.

#25 page2012

page2012

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

I tried and there is no more "fatal error" (for the moment). At the first glance, the plugin seems to work but in fact there are several issues (the calendar can't change the month and stays on january ; events don't appear on the calendar , some pics are shown where they shouldn't... ). Where is the problem? TIMELY or the compatibility with PAGELINES?

Thanks Danny!

Olivier

#26 page2012

page2012

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

This information on TIMELY website (

) :

Conflict with 1.9 and Pagelines Theme LAST UPDATED: JAN 16, 2013 08:24PM PST
This applies to the following calendar editions:  Standard, Pro

What is it?

There is a conflict  the Pagelines theme and the Timely Calendar. This conflict may cause the entire site to crash.

Technical Details

Both Pagelines and the Timely Calendar define the class "lessc_formatter_compressed" (they both use the same LESS compiler). The Timely Calendar is designed to make a check to see if the class is already declared before declaring it ourselves. PageLines does not do any such check, and thus it crashes WordPress.

Solutions or Workaround

Unfortunately there is no current workaround for the conflict. The developers of Pagelines have said that they will fix this in their next update. Until then we recommend either using another theme or holding off on your upgrade.

#27 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

The timely dev contacted us and we made the changes in version 2.4

#28 chules

chules

• Members

• 152 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

I do not have a cache plugin installed and I again my site has crashed with the plugin.  What happens is you get a white screen of death on the site.  I have contacted support at Timely to address several issues besides this critical one. 

I am using the paid version of this plugin.  There is also a conflict with the pagelines theme where the popup boxes are not dissplaying correctly.  I have activated the plugin for one last attempt to resolve this issue before moving to another event system.  You can see the conflict with the pop up boxes by going to

Just scroll over the event name and you will see the issue.

Here is the error message I receive when turning debug on my site.  It only references a plugin I am using called wp-boxer-pro that I may remove anyway

Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see

for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in
/var/www/vhosts/dev.sportscare1.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line

Notice: Undefined index: std in
/var/www/vhosts/dev.sportscare1.com/wp-content/plugins/codecanyon-1497329-wp-boxer-pro/framework/cow_plugin_framework.php
on line 367

Notice: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in
/var/www/vhosts/dev.sportscare1.com/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406

#29 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:13 AM   Best Answer

Hi Chules,

First, let me say there seems to be a server issue going on here because I've not seen so many premium plugins crash all at once.

I visited your site and found the following error:

This was at the very top of your page.  As you can see, none of it has anything to do with PageLines. Instead, it appears to be WP-Boxer, one of my favorite plugins having issues with WordPress itself.  That said, I happen to use Boxer plugin extensively on my site and do not get these errors.  Again, this leads me to thing this is a server issue.  It's the same issue you're seeing.

At the bottom of your page, you have this:

Once more, this is a plugin issue not specific to PageLines, but to the there doesn't appear to be anything pointing to WordPress either.

I would sincerely recommend contacting your hosting company and asking them to check the entirety of your server to identify errors.  Let them know you want at least 128Mb of RAM allocated for PHP processes - but this doesn't appear to be a memory issue. The errors are different.

Much as we'd like to, we cannot support server issues or third-party premium plugns.  You need to communicate directly with the plugin authors or go through the support forums provided for them by the retailer.

#30 chules

chules

• Members

• 152 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

I host my site on Rackpace Servers and I will contact them for support.  I have never had an issue with them but hopefully they can find something.

Thank you

Mark