Photo
- - - - -

Comment Text Fields Are Hard to See on Black Background

Comment Fields Comment Boxes CSS Properties

Best Answer James B , 15 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

Hi there, you'll need to use some custom css to edit the the color of the input fields for the content boxes. If you've not used custom css inside the framework before i'd advise you check out http://www.pagelines...wiki/Custom_CSS for an overview of how it works. For further advise on css we'd advise you check out http://www.w3schools.com/css/

As the css for this section is split across a few different classes i've copied in the code you'll need to use below. You can copy/paste this into Pagelines>site options>custom code. Change the value for white = #ffffff to whatever hex value you want the color to be.

.wp-comments .wp-comments-pad > #respond input[type="text"], .wp-comments .wp-comments-pad > #respond textarea {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
    border: 1px solid #000000;
    color: #FFFFFF;
}
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bpjerseyboy

bpjerseyboy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

I am having a little trouble witht he comment section on my posts.  The text boxes are there, but very difficult to see when trying to post a comment.  I would like to change the text box background to a slightly lighter color so it is visible.  I have installed the PC Custom CSS plugin.  I just need to know what the CSS selectors are so that I can edit the colors.

My site is: www.ugc-tournament.com

Here is an image of the issue:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Many thanks.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:40 AM   Best Answer

Hi there, you'll need to use some custom css to edit the the color of the input fields for the content boxes. If you've not used custom css inside the framework before i'd advise you check out

for an overview of how it works. For further advise on css we'd advise you check out

As the css for this section is split across a few different classes i've copied in the code you'll need to use below. You can copy/paste this into Pagelines>site options>custom code. Change the value for white = #ffffff to whatever hex value you want the color to be.

• klausk likes this

#3 klausk

klausk

• Members

• 22 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Thank the net gods. Been searching everywhere for this, Firebug etc etc.. Thank you! :D