Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need to separate header background color from the content background color

Question

Posted · Report post

When I set the background color as white it is white behind the brand section as well - but I need for the entire branding & footer sections to be black and the content for text on some templates to be white in between them.

Client loves this site and wants to get as close to it as possible.

Thank you!!

55 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thank you!

Out at a meeting now - will try it later.

: )

Posted · Report post

This sounds amazing - will try it!

Will this same method also get me a 10 or 20px (to be decided) grey line at the bottom of the content area when I am using black for features - or white for variable height text?

or

Will I have to align the grey line to the bottom of the content area - not sure what the css may be for aligning just the either grey line or a grey line with white above it it to the bottom

Thank you!

Posted · Report post

What you suggested also means that I cannot set variable width/height ratios for the features or for content if I put the grey line in that one with white on top - correct?

Posted · Report post

Sounded good - but can't get this to work - when I select the content area as white in site options - your background is behind the content - which contains the branding and thus my logo the entire area behind the branding (which i may not have been clear about - branding is what I need to have a black background spanning the entire area from left to right) Why is branding in content? May be that that is what I need to separate.

Attaching

1. what it actually looks like... when content is set to #ffffff in site options ... even tho overridden in page options... Also text is not showing up at all even tho it is in the page - what do I have to activate in the template to show text - i have content in between features and boxes.... but all i could find to add that looked like text in drag & drop was 'post/page pagination' what a mess- really need help!!

2. what I need for text pages assigned to Template 1 (about etc).

3. what is okay for home and other slide show pages (default template)

Posted · Report post

Wanted to let others know that the solution to changing the text color to show-up was beyond simple (a real 'duh' moment)  - In the page I  highlighted all of my text and clicked black for the text color in the editor - was surprised that it worked and overrode the the default white - but it did....