iBlogPro5 and IE9

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 webguru36

webguru36

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

I built my site using pagelines and the iBlogPro5 theme. It looks great on my mac running Safari, Firefox, or chrome. And looks great on PC in Firefox and Chrome.

But when I tried testing it on IE nothing shows up correctly. The navigation links do not show up, the images don't show up where they shoudl, etc.. (For example view on PC running IE9 and the navigation bar does not show correctly nor does the feature image at the top. The alignment of the content is off.)

Is iBlogPro5 not supported on IE9. I thought Pagelines was supported by IE9. Hope there is a fix. I really like this theme and it looks great everywhere except IE9.

The URL is

you have to login - (password and username have been moved to moderator notes area)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

Please check that compatibility mode is not on in IE9, this has been known to cause problems displaying the site.

#3 webguru36

webguru36

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

no the compatability mode is not on

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

Hi, a co-worker tried testing in IE for me and they can't get the same results, everything seems to be coming up fine, see attached screenshot.

Can you take a screenshot of what your seeing so we can take a look

#5 webguru36

webguru36

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Please see screenshots below.

top and lower portion of home page

settings ie9

Regarding the screenshot showing the IE9 Internet options. I unchecked the option dealing with compatiabilty mode. I see dont' see any other options where I cand turn off.

thanks,

Danielle

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

As your site comes up looking fine in  IE9 on our computers as James points out, then the problem is not PageLines, but the settings on your own computer.  We cannot provide support for Microsoft products.  You'll have to turn to them for assistance as it's clearly their settings which are in question.  There's nothing wrong with PageLines Framework on your site.

#7 webguru36

webguru36

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

okay. Thanks for double checking. I appreciate your time to look at everything and confirm that this is not a Pagelines issue.

I will keep troubleshooting. IE help/documentation has not been helpful so far...Oh, how I dispise IE. ;-(

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Ask any site developer, even amateurs and they'll probably pat you on the back and say "Me too!".  Myself included.