3 replies to this topic

#1 mightaswell

mightaswell

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon USA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

Hi All,

It seems like this would be a common question and a trivial task in PageLines, and I apologize if it has been answered previously, but I could not find it.

The site I am working on is for a tour company, I have a page for each tour and a nextgen gallery containing images from each tour.

I am trying to add a NextGEN Slideshow widget to the sidebar BUT set the galleryID on a page by page basis and I just cant figure it out.

This seems like it should be easy.. 

Ideas?

Chris

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Hi there, the sidebars in pagelines are universal so there's no option to set the widgets on a page by page basis unfortunately.

You could create mutliple widgets, one for each page placing them all in the sidebar and then use a plugin like 'widget logic' to chose which ones to display on which pages.

You can find widget logic here -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 mightaswell

mightaswell

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon USA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Thanks James.. I appreciate it.

Is the Carousel the only "section" that interfaces with NextGen? It would be great if banners sets could be created easily from a nextgen galler using the images meta data (like description) for the text...

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Hi there, the carousel is the only section at the moment which feeds in content from Nextgen directly, most will work off of a custom post type. That's a good idea though, there might be a plugin on wordpress.org which can turn nextgen content into custom post types you could use to replicate that effect.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nextgen, gallery, sidebar