• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 meeshking

meeshking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

Hi there, I'm trying to customize the two navigation bars (see link below); brand nav and nav classic independently. I want the one below to be much bigger, and the one above a point or so smaller. I also want to center the bigger navigation that is below the brand nav.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please let me know if it's possible and how if so... I have tried to use firebug to figure out the css without any luck.

Thanks in advance!

Michele

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

Hi Michele

Yes it can be done, you can make those alterations and change the alignment but it will have to be done using css.

Have you seen the overview on css inside the framework and the video? If not you can view them here -

In firebug or chrome developer tools you'll need to inspect the element to find out the name of the item you're intending to edit. For example nav classic will be #nav, that will showup in the html code at the bottom of the inspector screen, scroll through the html to find the class/selector which highlights the exact area you're looking to edit, by clicking on that div name for that section you'll see the associated css on the right, which you can edit in firebug and then copy/paste back into pagelines>site options>custom code

An example of editing the menu is included below

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: navigation, nav customization, brand nav customization