Photo

Converting to PageLine Framework

e-commerce cart platformpro framework

Best Answer James B , 11 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

Hi Scoop

Yes if you have made previous css customizations and you want to replicate them in the Pagelines Framework then you would have to use firebug to find the name of the element you want to adjust and then apply the css to it. If you haven't made any css customizations you wont' have to worry.

You had sections in platform pro, like boxes, features etc, therefore you'll have to set the controls for these sections again inside the framework. Like setting the transition speed for the slider for example.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scoop

scoop

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationHK/USA
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

Have gone through several customizations of e-commerce (getshopped)'s shopping cart. Do not want to lose that if I change the site over to PageLines.

Anyone have any experience with cart changes on upgrade - have already installed WP 3.5 - but have not updated PlatformPro - am considering installing PageLines 2. whatever instead.

Site has to go live in about a week - afraid I won't be able to get a lot of it working properly.

What exactly am I to do with all of the customizations that are in Base?

Help - thanks!!

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Hi there,

I would advise you to check out http://support.pagel...m-to-framework/ as it will answer a lot of the questions about upgrading and the css/database being retained etc.

The good thing is that the Pagelines Framework will install as a new theme, so you can switch back to Platform Pro if you're experiencing problems until you can resolve them. The css alterations for getshopped will be the same as the selectors/id's will be related to the plugin, not platform. I would advise you to make a complete back up and save a copy of your css prior to making any changes.

We'll leave this thread open for you in case anyone has info or experience on the specific plugin you mentioned. If you have any questions let us know.

• scoop likes this

#3 scoop

scoop

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationHK/USA

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Thank you for the information - and thank you for keeping this open!

#4 scoop

scoop

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationHK/USA

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

CSS Changes

While developing the framework, it is very difficult to prevent CSS changes from happening once in a while during upgrade. With PageLines, there were a few changes to markup (e.g. using ‘section’ as opposed to ‘div’ elements in some cases). This has caused a few issues.
Solution: The minor CSS problems can be fixed easily by correcting your custom CSS rules to align with the new elements.

Not a clue how to do this - do I have to use firebug to find the name of each related element?

Section Control

To improve the functionality of Section Control, we had to change the way its data was stored in the database. Therefore section control options are removed during upgrade.
Solution: Simply set these options again and you are good to go.

Same with above - thought I had read that there were no sections in PlatformPro - what am I changing and where?

Thanks!

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:28 AM   Best Answer

Hi Scoop

Yes if you have made previous css customizations and you want to replicate them in the Pagelines Framework then you would have to use firebug to find the name of the element you want to adjust and then apply the css to it. If you haven't made any css customizations you wont' have to worry.

You had sections in platform pro, like boxes, features etc, therefore you'll have to set the controls for these sections again inside the framework. Like setting the transition speed for the slider for example.

#6 scoop

scoop

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationHK/USA

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Oh no - hundreds of changes in the custom code area!

Thank you...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: e-commerce cart, platformpro, framework