Photo
- - - - -

Large screen format in IE9

IE9

Best Answer jannon , 11 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Thanks Rob, I appreciate you checking this out and it does sound like it's an isolated problem to this particular configuration. I'll have the client see if there is some setting he can change.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jannon

jannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

I have a client who has using a flat screen TV for a monitor. It's about 30". The site I designed using PageLInes looks great on most every screen in IE9 but on this one it left justifies the site as opposed to keeping it centered. Chrome and Firefox work fine on this size display, it's only IE9 that has a problem. Is there a work around for this?

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4984 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Hi there, do you have a link to the site we can look at, is it displaying left aligned on IE on a normal screen, or just the tv? It's going to be hard for us to replicate that set up so I think its going to be trial and error with some css to get corrected.

#3 jannon

jannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Here's the link: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It's only left aligned on the tv

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

Hi,

I hooked up my laptop via HDMI to my 32" Sony to see if I'd get the left aligned view in IE9.  After checking the site in IE9, Firefox and Chrome on the laptop, all the browsers looked fine on my television as well.

I must therefore conclude that this is a setting somewhere.  Since it's only visible to you on the television, I'm drawn to the conclusion that it's a setting related to the broadcast of the site from your computer to the television or, and IE9 setting.

Since the site works here on both a large screen television and my laptop, this isn't a PageLines issue. 

#5 jannon

jannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:04 PM   Best Answer

Thanks Rob, I appreciate you checking this out and it does sound like it's an isolated problem to this particular configuration. I'll have the client see if there is some setting he can change.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IE9