• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 suerama

suerama

Advocate

• Members

• 253 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I found some css code online for enlarging images on mouseover but I don't know how to use this at all. I tried putting the this initial code in my custom code area:

//CSS to enlarge image on mouseover

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

And then putting the code below in my content area to call in an image that I could mouseover:

// hyperlink to example image calling the CSS class

Then I substituted an image URL from my media library for the URL TO IMAGE

What I got was that funky symbol when an image is not available and linked to it was the text:

This links to a 404 page currently.

I was wondering if anyone could be kind enough to tell me how to use this code currectly.

I'm noticing that when I publish this query the code looks different than what I typed, it is full of question marks in black diamonds. The original code I used is on

page.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Hi there, did you put in the full url to the image file in the html? If the link is displaying the image unavailable symbol I'd imagine there's something within the image path which is incorrect. The css seems fine and should work as long as you make sure the class .enlarge is listed added into the html in the content area.

As there is an issue with the pasting of the double quotes, have you checked this is appearing correctly on the page inside the wordpress editor, make sure you add into text view, not visual.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mouseover