Photo
- - - - -

Home Page

Best Answer James B , 10 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

Hi there, are you using a custom menu on your site at the moment? If so go to appearance>menu from the wp dash and use the 'custom links' area on the left hand side, half way down the page to add a url to your homepage to the menu under the label 'home'. If you're not using a custom menu currently then create one and add all the pages as well as the home link and assign it using the drop downs in the top left hand corner to the primary navigation.

Here's some more info on custom menus which can help - http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/

The phone should connect to the site if other mobiles are, check the url again and let us know if there is any other information along with the 404 message.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 deanbain

deanbain

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

Last one from me for the night, I promise. But I do appreciate all the help.

I am not using a static home page and as a result I do not have a home page on my menu, rather you have to click the header to get back. I tried creating a page called Home with it's URL being index but that did not work neither did home. How do I do this.

Lastly, my site shows up fine on my iphone and iPad but my wife's iphone displays a 404-page not found error and it is not my website's 404 error message...any ideas?

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:04 AM   Best Answer

Hi there, are you using a custom menu on your site at the moment? If so go to appearance>menu from the wp dash and use the 'custom links' area on the left hand side, half way down the page to add a url to your homepage to the menu under the label 'home'. If you're not using a custom menu currently then create one and add all the pages as well as the home link and assign it using the drop downs in the top left hand corner to the primary navigation.

Here's some more info on custom menus which can help -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The phone should connect to the site if other mobiles are, check the url again and let us know if there is any other information along with the 404 message.