Photo
- - - - -

Upgrade from pagelines Pro to Framework

Framework upgrade pagelines to framework upgrades

Best Answer James B , 10 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

Hi there, yes you'll need to upload the Framework separately and platform will remain as an inactive theme on your install.

Full details on the full process can be found here - http://support.pagel...m-to-framework/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 meeshking

meeshking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

I've been running my website on Platform Pro for quite a while. I purchased the Framework quite a while and have the latest version (2.3.8) a while ago for some of my other sites but I have been late to upgrade this one for whatever reason (long story having to do with the hosting company).

Now, after migrating the site to a new host, I want to do it but I'm not sure how. In my WP admin it does not appear to be available as an upgrade. I'm on Wordpress 3.5 and using Pagelines Pro 1.6. The site is logged in with my credentials in the launchpad and have 'auto updates' activated. Do I need to upload Framework it separately? If I do that does it keep the Platform Pro available as an option or does it replace it?

Did that make sense??? Let me know if not and I will try to clarify. 

Thanks!

Michele

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:52 AM   Best Answer

Hi there, yes you'll need to upload the Framework separately and platform will remain as an inactive theme on your install.

Full details on the full process can be found here -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

Michele,

To supplement what my colleague James has posted, PageLines Framework will be treated as a unique theme by WordPress, so in Dashboard > Appearance > Themes, you'll see both PlatformPro and PageLines Framework once the Framework is installed.   Framework will not replace PlatformPro.

Framework will not appear as an upgrade for PlatformPro. If you've purchased it separately, you may download the zip file from your Launchpad account. 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 meeshking

meeshking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Fantastic! That's exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks, Michele