background tile not repeating

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 watersole

watersole

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

I've checked that I do not have supersize image checked; and I have tiles working on many other pageline sites but for some reason this one isn't working?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

Hi there,

It looks like this bg has been added with css and set to 'no-repeat', adjust the code to repeat and it will display fine :-) This is the code I'm seeing below

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 watersole

watersole

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

Hi James,

Thanks for responding; I was setting the options through pagelines, and noticed they just aren't taking. I'll do it manually, but I'd like to know why it wouldn't take this time, yet on other sites I've done with PL it works fine?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

Hmmm, check pagelines>site options>custom code as its showing there's an image in there being applied to the background, that could be overriding the one you're setting through the pagelines options.

#5 watersole

watersole

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

That's really weird becuase the only code I have in there is the css I just put in to fix the tile issue, and some background color stuff. I'm good now since it's wokring ok, but I'd like to know why it didn't work just by using the options on the site options page.

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

I couldn't say why it would do that straight off, there could be a few reasons. If you remove the css you've placed it, so it reverts back to how it was you can trouble shoot some of the following to see if they take effect.

• First check the background is set to tiled in the color control tab, save and then refresh the page to see if the options are saving or reverting back to a previous setting. If the options aren't saving, disable all third party plugins and see if there is a plugin conflict.

• If the options are saving but no changes to the background on the page, then disable the plugins to see if there's a conflict and if the background resolves. Most times plugins will be the cause of things behaving oddly inside the framework. If you find the bg resolves you'll need to go through switching each plugin on one by one to see which one was causing the problem.

• Remove the carousel from the drag and drop or fill it with images to test if there is a javascript error on the page. The carousel sometimes acts up if it has no content in it.