Photo

Upgrading from PlatformPro to Framework

upgrade platformpro framework

Best Answer Rob , 09 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

Hello Nick,

You may experience the widgets in the sidebars becoming disorganized.  The solution there is easy; simply moving them from one sidebar to another to put them back in place.

Post and page images should remain intact, but things like your branding image, backgrounds, etc may need to be reinstalled.

Your older custom CSS will likely need to be updated.  So you may experience some changes.

I've done these conversions on fairly complex sites before and it's never taken me more than a few hours. Framework has so much that's drag & drop that it's incredibly easy to set up. Also, there's a Store with tons of free resources as well as premium plugins, sections and themes to help make your transition as easy as possible.

You may want to start off spending some time reading our documentation at http://support.pagelines.me/docs

Go to the full post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 maiora

maiora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

Hi

I own www.maioraasset.com, which currently runs on PlatformPro.

Given this theme is discontinued, and with PageLines recommending everyone to upgrade to Framework - will I have to do much to maintain the same look as I currently have? i.e. do I have to redo all the settings, re-upload all documents and images, etc? Or is it simply a matter of installing the new theme and status quo is maintained?

Appreciate your help

Nick

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:05 AM   Best Answer

Hello Nick,

You may experience the widgets in the sidebars becoming disorganized.  The solution there is easy; simply moving them from one sidebar to another to put them back in place.

Post and page images should remain intact, but things like your branding image, backgrounds, etc may need to be reinstalled.

Your older custom CSS will likely need to be updated.  So you may experience some changes.

I've done these conversions on fairly complex sites before and it's never taken me more than a few hours. Framework has so much that's drag & drop that it's incredibly easy to set up. Also, there's a Store with tons of free resources as well as premium plugins, sections and themes to help make your transition as easy as possible.

You may want to start off spending some time reading our documentation at http://support.pagelines.me/docs

• maiora likes this

#3 maiora

maiora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

Many thanks for your help Rob.

#4 kelliemumpr

kelliemumpr

• Members

• 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

Hi,

I'm about to upgrade from Platform Pro to Framework, but noticed it's given me two options - Pagelines Framework Professional and Pagelines Framework Professional - Standalone. Just wondering what the difference is?

Thank you.

Kellie

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

Hi Kelli,

Please open a new topic as this one's already marked resolved. Also your question is different and deserves direct attention.  Thanks for your understanding.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: upgrade, platformpro, framework