• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deanbain

deanbain

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

Hi,

I seem to have a problem with by blog template. I am using my front page to display my blogs and i see that it is defaulting to the Template: Blog and I am unable to change it to any other template. With this there is a very large footer space at the bottom that I have set the footer color to white. I would love to remove this all together but can not find anywhere to modify the footer. I do not have any content in the footer section on the global drag and drop settings. Thanks.

www.glow-organic.com

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

Hi there, have you managed to resolve this? I can't see the footer on your site at the moment.

You can hide the footer on the blog template via the meta settings in Pagelines>Page options>Blog template, there you will see some layout options for the page and some meta options to hide various elements on the template, including the footer. Check save and it will vanish.

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

A blog page uses the Blog template, no matter what other template you've applied to a static page serving as the blog page.  The core part of the blog template is a special page, listing the blog entries.    Now that doesn't mean that if you've created a static blog page you can't apply Template 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 to it and customize that template to include all sorts of Drag & Drop sections available to you.

As for the large gap, if you look at your site with Firebug for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tools, you'll come across a min-height instruction which will cause this. It's most evident when there's nothing on your page, but as you add posts, this essentially vanishes, as it fills with content.  There's no need to change it.

James points out he doesn't see a footer, and nor do I.  Presumably, you removed it via Drag & Drop.