Photo
- - - - -

How to change word "more" in footcols section More statement

footcols more statement

Best Answer jannon , 09 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Thanks Rob, your solution was much easier for me than Catrina's and it worked great. I ended up changing the number of footer columns to 3 in the PageLInes settings to even out the columns and spacing since I didn't have enough content for 5 columns. Thanks again.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jannon

jannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

I'd like to change the word "More" to "Sponsors" in the footcols section - More statement. How would I do that? I looked at the site with firebug but wasn't able to figure it out.

Thanks

Here's the site:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

I know you're not doing a translation, but you can change the text string using Poedit:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

If you check, you'll see that the footer columns have an order.  The one on the right, is the bottom-most in the Footer Columns in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus.

But you won't see anything in there, as presently, your columns are generated by PageLines and WordPress.

So, if you copy the content of your right most column and paste it into a text widget, then add it to the Footer Columns sidebar, it will replace all the columns.

Then, you can add another text widget, labeled Sponsors, and post any message you desire into that widget.

You can then add the Latest Posts widget, then the Pages Widget over that, ending with a text widget containing your image in HTML code.

That will emulate all the current columns, but gives you complete control over what's in them.

#4 jannon

jannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:25 PM   Best Answer

Thanks Rob, your solution was much easier for me than Catrina's and it worked great. I ended up changing the number of footer columns to 3 in the PageLInes settings to even out the columns and spacing since I didn't have enough content for 5 columns. Thanks again.