Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to change word "more" in footcols section More statement

Question

Posted · Report post

I'd like to change the word "More" to "Sponsors" in the footcols section - More statement. How would I do that? I looked at the site with firebug but wasn't able to figure it out.

Thanks

Here's the site: http://www.mainstreetlangley.org

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thanks Rob, your solution was much easier for me than Catrina's and it worked great. I ended up changing the number of footer columns to 3 in the PageLInes settings to even out the columns and spacing since I didn't have enough content for 5 columns. Thanks again.

Posted · Report post

If you check, you'll see that the footer columns have an order.  The one on the right, is the bottom-most in the Footer Columns in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus.

But you won't see anything in there, as presently, your columns are generated by PageLines and WordPress.

So, if you copy the content of your right most column and paste it into a text widget, then add it to the Footer Columns sidebar, it will replace all the columns.

Then, you can add another text widget, labeled Sponsors, and post any message you desire into that widget.

You can then add the Latest Posts widget, then the Pages Widget over that, ending with a text widget containing your image in HTML code.

That will emulate all the current columns, but gives you complete control over what's in them.