Best Answer crash , 10 January 2013 - 02:43 AM
yes, I believe that I have been doing so.
But in verifying that indeed I was, I noticed that the subtle 'body.ie9' amendments I had incorporated previously were no longer working either...I thought maybe I'd deactivated the Browser Specific CSS plugin, but I had not.
So I removed the .ie9 from body.ie9 (thus forcing those subtle changes to all browsers, in theory, right?) and checked the results using Chrome. Of course, the changes were there. Put .ie9 back into body.ie9 and they disappear from Chrome, but do not get applied to IE9...it makes no sense to me.
So just now, I deactivated and deleted the Browser Specific CSS Plugin (thinking maybe, just maybe there was some kind of corrupt install), then re-installed it and...hey presto...body.ie9 and .ie .searchform .searchfield CSS mods are being applied as expected.
I truly have no idea if it was me, IE, the plugin, another plugin, or a mixture of all, but right now, at this moment...it's working.
So I guess that technically speaking you can close this out as solved, but I would like to be able to return to post a follow-up for other readers who may be interested in the final success/failure outcome of the IE Minor/Sub Version Browser Blocking.Go to the full post