Photo
- - - - -

Sections not active in template are showing up in Page Meta settings

sections templates

Best Answer johnwood , 09 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Apparently they were in the Active Sections of the Template itself, I guess I just clicked right onto the Content Area without checking to see these sections below. Not sure how I missed that.

John

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnwood

johnwood

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

I am trying to use a Template for a new page. Currently the Content Area for this Template is empty but for some reason when I edit the page there are two sections (Boxes and Boxes #2) in the Page Meta settings. Shouldn't there be none? I realize I can choose to Hide these sections but I don't understand why they show up at all since there are no Sections in my Template. Is there a way to remove these unwanted Sections?

Thanks,

John

Attached Files

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

Firstly, in your template you really should have at the very least, PostLoop.  That should be in every Content Area template except the 404 Error template.

You may have boxes added and cloned in Page Templates, Header or other templates we're not seeing. The other things showing up in your PageLines Meta Settings are likely in other parts of the site via Drag & Drop.  For example, you show the Content Area for Template 1, but you have Primary Sidebar in the settings, which means it's going to likely be located in SB1.

If you give a good and thorough look around to all the possible options in Drag & Drop, you're likely going to find everything.  Rest assured, sections don't mysteriously appear in the PageLines Meta Settings if they're not in the templates, somewhere.

Also, in Page Templates, make sure Content is present for all the templates except the 404 Error one.

#3 johnwood

johnwood

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:44 AM   Best Answer

Apparently they were in the Active Sections of the Template itself, I guess I just clicked right onto the Content Area without checking to see these sections below. Not sure how I missed that.

John

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sections, templates