Photo
- - - - -

Stumped Newbie

Front Page Failed Links Default logo etc remaining

Best Answer Rob , 07 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Welcome Fiona,

First thing I'd suggest is to temporarily remove the Features from every template where you have it placed.  There appears to be something conflicting with it presently, causing the slides to stack. 

Next, I'd recommend going through Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop > Page Template> Template Setup.  Every template there should have the Content section (not Content Tabs or other sections) with the exception of the 404 Error template.

Similarly, in Dashboard > PageLInes > Drag & Drop > Content Area, where every template except 404 Error, should have Content Area present.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 carcassonne

carcassonne

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

My name is Fiona Wailes-Fairbairn and nd my PageLines Username is carcassonne.

I am very new to Page Lines.  Have previously used other themes with relative ease.  For some reason finding the transition across to building a website in PageLines Framework  extremely difficult 

My Website is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

-----------------------------------

Anyway,  
I've been struggling for over 4 days trying to see my text that I've created under pages in the dashboard ( page lines) with the public site. ( It's supposedly in default template mode while my other pages are Template 1.) 

I have put a main navigation on my front page but when I hover and click on other pages nothing happens. One says as it's attempting to deliver on my click-through "fake."..

You'll also note that I currently still have the logos and default images of page lines when I want to use my own carousel and images. Could you tell me how to proceed so that I can move beyond this impasse?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:29 PM   Best Answer

Welcome Fiona,

First thing I'd suggest is to temporarily remove the Features from every template where you have it placed.  There appears to be something conflicting with it presently, causing the slides to stack. 

Next, I'd recommend going through Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop > Page Template> Template Setup.  Every template there should have the Content section (not Content Tabs or other sections) with the exception of the 404 Error template.

Similarly, in Dashboard > PageLInes > Drag & Drop > Content Area, where every template except 404 Error, should have Content Area present.

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

I think you have a javascript error causing an infinite loop.  How did you set up the carousel? What source is it using for images?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Front Page, Failed Links, Default logo etc remaining