Photo
- - - - -

How to activate BuddyPress without losing yoursite.

buddypress

Best Answer Rob , 08 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

Hi, first, let me point out one of BuddyPress' little foibles.  If you're logged in as an admin or user, you can't see the registration page. BuddyPress forces WordPress to revert back to the homepage or another page. It's a protection against repeat registrations and spammers. Good idea when you think about it, but a pain for admins trying to manage that page.

Log out as admin, and try to view it. Likely it's there.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lboogy

lboogy

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

I installed the Buddypress plugin and went through the five steps and when it activated I lost my entire site. Fortunaltey I deleted the plugin and got everything back. I just want the forum to be like another page on my tool bar and when they click on it, it opens us.

Do I need a separate blog dedicated to just the forum and then crate a custom link on the tool bar. Please help

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Did you follow the instructions here?:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 lboogy

lboogy

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Yes, I installed Buddypress, went to the Pageline store and activated those two plugins and now omy navigation bar it has two new menue items Register and activate which hasn't been assigned to a template yet. But my problem is what do to make my designated page into a form and havethos registration and activation options inside the actual page.

I'm not sure which template is the Buddypress one. In the drag n drop section I see all sorts of  templates but they are not options for my page designations.

#4 lboogy

lboogy

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

I believe I finally have it working, just don't know how to enable the Registration page.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:57 AM   Best Answer

Hi, first, let me point out one of BuddyPress' little foibles.  If you're logged in as an admin or user, you can't see the registration page. BuddyPress forces WordPress to revert back to the homepage or another page. It's a protection against repeat registrations and spammers. Good idea when you think about it, but a pain for admins trying to manage that page.

Log out as admin, and try to view it. Likely it's there.

• lboogy likes this

#6 lboogy

lboogy

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

That was the exact problem. Thanks so much.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buddypress