Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Launch page without content?

Question

Posted · Report post

I'm using the LaunchPage plugin, but there's no content (normal text) showing on the launch page. What's wrong?

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Yup, it's a plugin conflict. Seems like it's Like-Button-Plugin-For-Wordpress which causes the conflict.

Any suggestions for a similar plugin that's known to work with Pagelines (adds open-graph tags, and a Like button to posts)?

And/or what the plugin author should do to avoid the conflict?

Posted · Report post

catrina: this is a troubleshooting issue, not a how-to issue!

The page in question: http://www.attac.no/bankvask/dnb/

It's not showing the actual page content, ie what's added in the Wordpress editor. 

Posted · Report post

Can you provide a screenshot of your launchpage please, I mean displaying the pages content area. As I have just tested the Launchpage and I am unable to recreate your issue.

Posted · Report post

Danny, I'm not sure what you want a screenshot of? Can you see any text content on the page linked above? It should show the (filler) text:

DnB er teite de!

sdjfsdkløfjkløsdjløf

It doesn't show, it just shows a button and the logo, which I added in the Meta settings for Launch page. 

Posted · Report post

I want a screenshot of:

Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Pages > Select your Launchpage and then take a screenshot.

Posted · Report post

ok, here you go (site's in norwegian, but you should be able to recognize the main controls anyhow):mWW5E.jpg

Posted · Report post

OK, I have copied the settings you have used and still I am unable to create your issue. Therefore, please disable all non-PageLines plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

Posted · Report post

I don't use Facebook personally (don't even have an account, so I can't really recommend one) I suggest searching the Wordpress Plugin repo. Also I will keep the topic open incase one of our other forum support team members can recommend one.

Posted · Report post

There are no conflicts, Launch Page is not meant to show content from the text editor.

P.S - Ignore this response I was lead to believe this was errors with Resume Page, and now I read it's Launch Page which isn't product. Good luck. ;)