#1 salestrakr

salestrakr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAtlanta
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

I am upgrading to Platform Framework from PlatformPro.  I found I need to do a bit more planning before I cut over.  I now have gone back to PlatformPro for another week.  It seems that the height of my features is no longer set (they appear in the home page slider as too large.)  I can't find where to change them.  There is no file called section.features.php and I can't find anywhere else where this is controlled.  But, I had updated these before.  I am running PlatformPro 1.1.2.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

First, let me suggest that by upgrading from an older version of PlatformPro to PageLines Framework, you'll find many things are different.  Among them is that there's no need to modify core files. In fact, doing so in Framework will likely break your site, not to mention violating your license.

In Framework, if you go to the page you're planning to add your slider to, you'll now see PageLines Meta Settings > Features, where you may set the height of the slides that appear on that specific page.  This gives you greater control, allowing you to have different size sliders on individual pages.

If you prefer a more global approach (all slides the exact same height throughout the site), you can go to Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options > Site Defaults > Features, where you can set up slider defaults for the entire site.

Features now have the option of static or aspect-ratio sizing.   Static would be, for example, 340px high.  Aspect ratio would be a scaled down image.  So if the image is 1000px by 500px high and the aspect ratio is set to display a specific ratio, you might see that image as 500px by 250px, scaled down. The one issue with this is that you must make sure your original slides are all the same size so that in scaling, they'll appear the same.

The new Feature Slider has many more options than before as well. I'd suggest reading this: http://support.pagel...tions/features/

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

You may also find this helpful. http://support.pagel...m-to-framework/

#4 salestrakr

salestrakr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAtlanta
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Rob, thanks.  But, I upgraded to Framework.  Unfortunately much more planning needs to take place before we turn it on.  So, I had to go back.  Many things now are broken.  So, I'm having to fix them.  I would change the width of the site in Configure Layout Dimensions.  But, now the boxes where I could change those dimensions are now grayed out and thus not changeable.  So, I can't make my site wider and I can't change the height (and thus width) of the features in my Features Slider.  Our site feeds our app.  I need to have this working again soon so my Asian customers will see it bright and early their Monday morning.

Any ideas how I can get this fixed so I can cut over next weekend?

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16909 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

You change the width of your site using the Layout Editor, this shouldn't be greyed out. Can you provide a screenshot please.