6 replies to this topic

#1 starlit

starlit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Hi!

Can I insert a Flash animation in the branding section? My client wants his logo animated in the header section.
Any hints or tips are highly appreciated.

Thank you!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

While you can insert a flash file, I must point out that mobile devices will not see or display it. However, an animated gif will be visible. I'm sure this isn't what your client wants, but would they like their branding missing entirely?  Speaking only for myself, I'd hate having my site or business title missing to any portion of my audience.

You may not be aware that the mobile device browsers couldn't reach an agreement with Adobe Systems for use of Flash.  Thus it's out of our control about the display of flash files. 

I don't think there's a limit on the file type when uploading the branding at Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Website Setup under Custom Logo.

#3 starlit

starlit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

I know about that issue. the client is persisting unfortunately.

I tried to upload an swf file and it says unsupported file type. Any other idea?

I might just make a version with the flash in the footer - is there an option there that you could suggest? So I would put the non animated version of the logo up top. 
Thank you for your help, Rob. 

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Have you tried using the Media library directly, to upload the .swf file?  Dashboard > Media

#5 starlit

starlit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

I just tried - thanks. It did upload in the media but if I paste the url in the branding section it still doesn't show up. A tiny icon with 'broken picture' comes up. 

#6 starlit

starlit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I figured it out now. For the footer. I loaded an SWF object in a text box in the more footer section. That works. Any idea for the header section? In case my client is persisting on that flash block up there? 
Thank you very much.

#7 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

You could use the universal sidebar in the header.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flash, branding animated