1 reply to this topic

#1 stalin012

stalin012

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hi all, 

I know this is supposed to be something made (easy) through CSS customizations but I can't seem to get it to work. I need/want to change the default size of text, headlines, etc (not only font and colour) to make the site look as I want. 

Example, the body text should be 20 % larger (on default screens) than today, H2 should be smaller, etc. Where and how do I make those changes most easily?

(and why is this not a standard feature/setting in the typography? maybe for next release...) 

thanks for the help,

Staffan

• photomomwife likes this

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Staffan,

If you use Firebug for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tools, you'll be able to identify the existing CSS controlling font sizes throughout the site.  Both tools provide a sandbox for testing changes.  Then simply copy the code and paste it into Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code in CSS Rules.

The reason it's not an option is that there are too many variables for font sizes.  Some may want to use px heights, others for responsiveness may want em.  In the latter case, they may want a decimal size that's completely unique like 0.97321em.  How could we provide a drop list with every single decimal variable between 0.00000 and 4.99999?  If we added a blank field for admin entry, rest assured someone will want to change a font somewhere else.  So the best option is to allow people to do this manually, via CSS.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: css, customization