• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ppsonline

ppsonline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

I am having problems changing the font color for some links in the header area of my website.  I am using the ignite theme and the business branding plugin.  My website is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If you look at the website you will see that some of the links are gray and others are blue.  I only need the links in the header area to be changed to the gray color so they show up.  The rest I would like to stay as the default color.

I would also like to increase the font size without increasing it throughout the rest of the site.

Here is the code I am using:

.business-info .h5, a:link, { 
  color: #333 !important;
}

It appears to be working on my email link but not on the Client Login link when using Chrome.  Haven't checked other browsers.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

Hi there,

Using the code you've pasted above you can add another line in to change the size of the font, that will only over the h5 font which is a link inside the business-info class. You might need to add !important after it if it doesn't work first go.

#3 ppsonline

ppsonline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

Any idea why some of the links are changing colors and others are not.  If you look at my footer section you will see how the links alternate colors.  Let me know if you don't see this.

Thanks,

Andrew

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

I see them all the same color, make sure you fully clear your browser cache.

#5 ppsonline

ppsonline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

Thanks for your help.  I cleared cache and see that it is changed.  It is still changing the color of all of the h4 or h5 links instead of just the ones in the .business-info.  Can I make it div specific for the color change?  

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

Glad thats sorted for you :-)

That class will only affect the areas in the .business-info area, check any other css you have to see if there's anything affecting the other navs or li elements.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ignite, css, font color, link color