Photo
- - - - -

Stylesheets not working

css stylesheet

Best Answer Rob , 03 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Try this:

Go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks.  Please don't change anything.  Just save.

This updates the permalinks, making sure everything is linking correctly on a local level. Probably one of your critical internal links for the CSS is looking elsewhere for the file.  Once updated, it will find the file in the correct place and the CSS should work.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rcvane

rcvane

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Hey all,

I'm having a problem and it's pretty strange. I built a site on my host,

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

- Everything works great there. I am using the base child theme there and both it and the framework work perfectly.

When I transfered the site to someone else's domain and host, the pagelines stylesheets are not seen at all by any browser. 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(Sorry, it is in maintenance mode) But I have attached a screenshot.

The first thing I did was deactivate the child theme, and still, the pageline's style is not registering.

I've disabled all plugins and tried deleting the framework via ftp and then installing a newly downloaded version with no luck.

When I activate the default theme, twenty eleven, it's stylesheet works fine. 

I am pulling my hair out on this one.

While I'm sure it technically has nothing to do with pagelines, is there anyone who's had this problem who may know what the deal is and how to fix it? Something on the host's end perhaps?

Thanks in advance...

Attached Files

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:44 PM   Best Answer

Try this:

Go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks.  Please don't change anything.  Just save.

This updates the permalinks, making sure everything is linking correctly on a local level. Probably one of your critical internal links for the CSS is looking elsewhere for the file.  Once updated, it will find the file in the correct place and the CSS should work.

#3 rcvane

rcvane

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

Thanks, this was exactly the issue. I had it set to postname and had to set them back to default for it to work. :)!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: css, stylesheet