5 replies to this topic

#1 amir

amir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

Hi,

I added an image for the background under Site Options/Color Control/Background Image.  But the image shows up in the content area only.  (See attached image)  I like that the image shows up on the entire website.  I also tried all kind of different options such repeat vertically/horizontally, Tile, and etc.

Could you please let me know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Amir

Attached Files

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15891 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hi Amir,

Can you provide a link to your site please, so we can investigate.

#3 amir

amir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

PageLines Rockstar,

i am building my website local on my laptop before I upload it to my server.  www.revitclinic.com is my domain which is running Joomla right now, but I like to replace the CMS with wordpress and PageLines.  I want to create all existing posts and pages in Wordpress offline on my laptop before I remove the existing and upload the new website.  Could you let me know what information I could provide you?  I could create a zip file and send it to you that you can open it on your local computer.  I really appecraite it.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

Hi there,

Are you using the 'supersize' background option? If so you'll need to adjust the image to different proportions so it's wider than it is high. The supersize background only supersizes the height, not the width. Therefore is the image proportion is portrait the sides of the image will never reach the edge of the page. Of you crop the image to a landscape image, it will fill the screen :-)

#5 amir

amir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

Advocate,

You are right.  My image was 700x700 pixels. I changed the layout to landscape and it is covering the entire background.  But it is stretching the image and it looks wired.  I have the image at 700x350 pixels.  Any idea how I could fix this problem?

Thank you.

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

The image looks like it could repeat, from the screenshot it seems seamless. You could try using the tile option instead of supersize in the color control tab. Otherwise try using photoshop or a graphic editor which has some from of content awareness which won't stretch the pixels but duplicate them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: image background