Photo
- - - - -

How to create a page that shows only one category?

page category

Best Answer Rob , 02 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

Amir,

A category page is always accessible, if you know the link and have the taxonomy set up. You can find and view a Category page by going to Dashboard > Posts > Categories and on hover over the Category title, click "View".

Category templates at the Page Template and Content Area levels are fully customizable, but there's no specific 'page' to apply anything to and you can't access settings for special pages. 

You can always create Category pages manually, and apply plugins to pull category-specific content onto them.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 amir

amir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Hi,

I have been looking for a solution that a page loads only a specific category. For example: I like that the Page Tutorials shows only the Tutorials category.  I really appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

Amir

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:46 AM   Best Answer

Amir,

A category page is always accessible, if you know the link and have the taxonomy set up. You can find and view a Category page by going to Dashboard > Posts > Categories and on hover over the Category title, click "View".

Category templates at the Page Template and Content Area levels are fully customizable, but there's no specific 'page' to apply anything to and you can't access settings for special pages. 

You can always create Category pages manually, and apply plugins to pull category-specific content onto them.

#3 amir

amir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

One Smart Egg,

I have read about using the link for the category and point the page to that link using plugins.  The problem is that I am working on my wordpress/pageline website to replace it with my existing website that I have been using with Joomla in many years.  The problem is that the entire URLs for all my posts and blogs could get changed which isn't good for SEO.  The main problem is that Wordpress adds the word "category" into all URLs for each individual category.  For example: www.revitclinic.com/category/tutorials

Do you have any suggestion how to cut the word "category" from the URLs?

Thanks,

Amir

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17636 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Hi Amir,

This is a issue with Wordpress, therefore you will need to ask this question on the Wordpress support forums.

#5 amir

amir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

PageLines Rockstar,

I guessed it before too that it is a Wordpress question, but would you help me with your professional knowledge?  I am sure you know how to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Amir

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Hi there,

As Danny said unfortunately as it's a wordpress issue we wouldn't be able to advise, however I have found the two posts below which might be able to help you further.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please make sure you back everything up before making any changes.

#7 amir

amir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

Advocate,

thank you for providing those links.  I found the correct answer and it works.  I just insert the correct answer in my post if anyone else is looking for it:

In your Permalinks options, set your

"Custom Structure" to:

/%category%/%postname%/

and your

"Category Base" to:

/.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: page, category